For immediate release: February 6th, 2017
For more information contact:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
February 6th Enhancements Notification
TeamSideline will release our next set of enhancements this Monday night, February 6th.
For both our Individual and Team Registration customers, you will now see two tabs on the Communications > Send Communications page:
- Standard Distribution Lists which is all the traditional email lists that you are used to seeing.
- Advanced Communications which enables you to email your customers for different scenarios:
- Registered in one program but not registered in a different program
- Incomplete registrations started between a selected time period
- Proof of age has not been completed (individual registration only)
- Proof of address has not been completed (individual registration only)
Just click the Include box to send to the selected list. The system will compute the distribution list based on your league’s data once you click the Next button to continue creating your email message.
It’s here – Automatic Waitlists for your Programs. You can now setup an Automatic Waitlist for when your program reaches a specific total enrollment number and/or for when each offering reaches a specific enrollment number. To get started, go to Programs > Manage Programs, click on the Program’s name and then on the 1 Setup page. Set Enable Waitlist = Yes and select the appropriate Fee Handling option – Collect Fees or Defer Fees. Once these options are set, decide if you want to set the Max # of Enrollments at the Program or Offering level.
- To set a maximum number of enrollments for the Program, set Max # of Enrollments to limit the number of total program enrollments.
- To set a maximum number of enrollments for each Program Offering, set the Max # of Enrollments for each Offering.
Once the Max # of Enrollments is met during the registration period, when a customer is signing up the Offering will automatically display WAITLIST. When they add the item to their cart, the Offering cost will be added or the cost will be zero depending on the Fee Handling option that was chosen on the 1 Setup page.
Admins will be able to view Waitlist Enrollment totals on Programs > Manage Programs and also view details on Reports > Report Dashboards > Enrollments and Reports > Report Exports > Enrollment Information Report. To change a Waitlist Enrollment to an Accepted Enrollment, go to the customer’s Account Overview page, edit the Enrollment, click the Accept Enrollment button, then the Confirm Accept button - this will automatically send an email to the customer unless you uncheck the appropriate box.
Automatic Youth Roster Assigning (Beta version)
We have a new Premium feature that is currently in Beta – the Auto Roster Assign process. This process enables youth individual players to be auto assigned to teams based on selected criteria like Age, Gender, etc. This new process can be found on the Assign to Roster page once you are in your Program under Program > Manage Programs. Just click on the Toggle Mode button if you are not already on the Step 3 Select Roster Assignment process. Once here, you’ll be able to click on the Automated Assignment tab to start your selections. Email email@example.com if you are interested in trying out this new beta functionality. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about our Premium upgrade.
We are continuing to build out our latest offering – the Membership Module. The following enhancements have been added:
- Your organization can have monthly increment membership options in addition to the existing yearly ones.
- Your organization can take monthly payments for membership fees until the membership is cancelled. As an admin, you will be able to cancel the membership or update the payment method for the customer. Note: In order to take advantage of this new feature, your organization must be using the WePay option for your credit card gateway.
- Your customers can now purchase their memberships without having to enroll in a current program.
- Your customers can renew their memberships easily prior to their expiration date.
- And once your customers log into your site, they can now view their purchased memberships under My Account > Memberships.
Note: The Membership Module is currently only offered for adult registrations. If you are interested in learning more about adding the Membership Module to your site, email email@example.com.
Team Roster Registration Reinvites
For Team Roster Registration programs, both coaches and admins can now reinvite players and coaches individually vs having to reinvite the whole team each time. Admins can just click the green Reinvite icon on the team’s page under the 4 Rosters tab. Coaches can select their team under the Manage Rosters tab and then click the green Reinvite icon next to the specific individual.
Officials Module Enhancements
The Officials Module has been enhanced with the following:
- Your Officials can now do a calendar subscribe to their confirmed assignments by going to their Officials Management > Assignment page and clicking on the icon for Subscribe to your Confirmed Assignments Calendar. They should follow the instructions to add their calendar to any ICAL compliant calendar client such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook.
- For each of your Officials, you can include the use of their Alternate Email Address for both the Assignment and Reminder emails. Just edit the individual Official’s Profile (Schedules > Officials Management > Officials > Official Overview > Edit Profile) and click the appropriate checkbox. If you want your Officials to be able to make these same type of updates, make sure you enable them to update their own Profile (Schedules > Officials Management > Configurations > Profile Edit = Yes). All league communications will use both email addresses if available.
- At the end of each game, Officials are sent game reports to complete that ask them to type in the score of the game. Set the Auto-Post Scores field to Yes to update the game scores and standings if scores are not already present. You’ll find all the available Officials Module configurations on the Schedules > Officials Management > Configurations page.
- When a game is updated to canceled, an email will be automatically sent to the assigned Official letting him/her know that they no longer are needed. These emails are sent to both their Primary and Alternate Email Addresses.
If you are interested in learning more about the Officials Module or want to see a demo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Site Setup Options
New options are now available to site admins to configure for Team Sites. Go to Programs > Configurations > Team Sites to set these items how you want them for your league's Team Sites.
- When Team Sites are first created, there is an initial email sent to the coaches and parents. If you prefer to not send this email out, set Announcement Email = No. To see an example of the initial email sent to parents when a Team Site is created, click here.
- Also when publishing sites initially, you can set the Privacy level to limit who can see roster contact information – either Staff Only or Staff and Roster Only. Note: Parents and players on a roster can also be limited individually by editing their specific roster page record.
- In addition to setting the number of days before a game that the reminder emails are sent out, you can also set if you would like a game attendance poll included on these game reminders. Just set Game Poll = Yes if you want parents to be able to respond if they are coming to a specific game or not.
Also please note that the TeamSideline Team Site mobile apps will be coming soon!
Some great stuff has been added to help you promote your site sponsors:
- For Evolved sites, add an automatically formatted standalone Sponsors page to your site. Go to Content > Configurations > Site Pages, right click on Menu Pages and select Add Standard Page > Sponsors. Move the page to where you want and click the Save button. Then go to your public site and navigate to the new Sponsors page to check it out.
- Easily control the visibility of your Sponsors. Go to Content > Sponsors and click the eyeball green or red to show or not show the Sponsor on your Home page and the new Sponsors page.
- Click the Highlight checkbox on to show the sponsor on your Home page. Uncheck it to just show the Sponsor on the Sponsors page. You’ll find the Highlight checkbox at Content > Sponsors.
To help leagues better promote their volunteer “opportunities”, we have added a big red Volunteer Sign In button that your customers will see when they log into your site. As long as your volunteer opportunity is visible and there are shifts left to fill, the button will be visible so they can easily click and sign up!
Admin Store Purchases
Admins can now complete a store purchase for a customer. Locate an existing customer or create a new one under Customers > Account Management > Search and click the Place Order button. Click the Add Store Item button, select the Item, input the Quantity, and click the Add button. Once you have all the items purchased in the customer’s Cart, click the Checkout button to complete the Payment Information and click the Place Order button.
Add Transaction Payments Improvement
On a customer’s Account Overview page, the Add Transaction button is available for admins to add payment and other types of transactions needed to record check and cash payments etc. Admins can now automatically apply these payments to specific orders. Once you clicked the Add Transaction button and selected a “Payment” Transaction Type, any orders that have not been reconciled to a payment will be displayed. Fill in the appropriate Amount to Apply and click the Add button - reconciliation will be automatic.
Admins Can Now Change Billing Information
An admin can now place an order for a customer and when that customer is paying by credit card, the admin can change the Billing Information for the customer just in case the enrollment is being paid for by someone other than the primary account member. Once you select Payment Method = Credit Card, just update the Billing Information fields to reflect the person whose credit card you are processing. The primary and parent account members will still receive an email confirmation for the order if this option is chosen when the order is placed.
Home Page Banner Enhancement
You can now add rich text to your Home Page Banner located under Content. A Text Editor has been enabled for the Banner Text so you can enhance the text and add hyperlinks to other pages, tabs, or websites.
Games Report Can Now Shows Byes
If you like running the Games Report (under Reports > Report Exports) but want to show all teams even the teams with a Bye, you can now select to Include Byes when running the report. Look for the teams with a Bye in the Home Team Name column.
Displaying Comments on a Division’s Standings Page
An Admin can now configure a Division’s Standings page to Show or Hide Comments on the Public Standings page. Comments will still be visible on the Admin view of a Division’s Standings page but will not be visible to the public unless the Show Comments field is set to Yes. To set this field for any Division, go to the 1 Configuration > Display page and configure the Show Comments option as you like. This field can also be set for any new division sport at Programs > Configurations > Sport Defaults and for our Premium customers, you can also use the Update Multiple Divisions button on the Schedules > Leagues & Divisions page.
The following scheduling improvements have been completed:
- For Tournament divisions, you can now create Manual Brackets. On the 1 Configuration > Scheduling page of your division, set all three Playoff settings under Bracket Configurations to Manual.
- For all Double Elimination games, if you delete the optional last game, the brackets will now display with the winner bar as expected.
Over the last few months, we have been working on refreshing or adding new training videos (34 in all!) – from how to add registration programs to importing different types of data into the system. You can find them all under the Help > Online Training option located at the top of your browser when you are logged in as an admin. You will also find them located on specific admin pages under the Information Related to this Page section. Have a suggestion for a new one? Send us the topic at email@example.com and we’ll make a note to add it to the queue for the next set of videos we work on.
Please note that the downtime period to enable these enhancements to be implemented will be from 10pm – midnight (PST) Monday night, February 6th.
We thank you for using TeamSideline!
Direct: (916) 822-4800
Toll Free Support: (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1
TeamSideline is a team of IT professionals with many years of experience working on major web applications for fortune 500 companies. We bring the same experience and excellence to TeamSideline with a passion for customer service. TeamSideline provides web sites, scheduling, and registration services to customers throughout the US, from Maine to Florida, from Texas to California. Major customers include Park and Recreation Departments, and youth sports leagues including softball, baseball, soccer, and football.
TeamSideline prides itself on being a small company providing big company services. Your data is secure in a data center with 24/7 security. We do regular backups and maintain disaster recovery plans to keep your web site running - everything the big guys have.
TeamSideline partners with customers and provides new and enhanced features based on customer feedback on a regular basis. You'll never talk to someone who is in a remote call center or be relegated to email support. Instead, you'll get to know the TeamSideline team on a first name basis and know they are available when you need them.
As one of our customers said, "TeamSideline is the complete package - quality, price, and service.”
For more information:
Helene Harris at (916) 822-4800 or (888) 953-2483 Ext. 1